European Union Community at .eu Domain War

8th February 2006

Europe's new Internet TLD gets 71,235 new applications in an hour with sex.eu being the top most requested domain name.

European Registry for Internet Domain Names (EURid), the registry for the .eu TLD, yesterday opened its systems to receive applications for .eu domain names from anyone within the EU claiming prior rights to a certain domain name.

Since early December, it has, in principle, only been possible for trademark holders and public bodies to apply. Around 900 registrars are now sending in applications they received from numerous candidate domain name holders all across the EU, claims the registry.

EURid says that during the first 15 minutes yesterday it received 27, 949 applications. After an hour, the number climbed to 71,235. The top-most requested domain names during the first hour of Sunrise 2 were sex.eu, schumacher.eu, realestate.eu and business.eu. The highest number of applications, during the first hour, were sent by applicants originating from Germany, The Netherlands, UK, France, Belgium, and Sweden respectively.

Also, EURid is only accepting applications from holders of prior rights and public bodies, whereas, from April 7, it will be possible for anyone within the European Union to apply for any available domain name. 

The developments can be followed at the .eu status page, updated every 15 minutes.

AOL雅虎拟售电子邮票 1美分即可获特惠待遇

北京时间2月5日消息,据国外媒体报道,全球最大的两家电子邮件服务提供商———AOL和雅虎计划采用一套颇具争议性的系统:企业只需为每封电子邮件支付四分之一美分至1美分的费用,它们发送的邮件就可以获得特惠待遇。

   分析人士认为,此举意味着企业如想保证自己的客户能够收到公司的电子邮件,就必须购买“电子邮票”。AOL和雅虎表示,这一系统可以帮助它们识别合法邮件,同时减少垃圾邮件、身份窃取和其他损害用户利益的情况发生。当然,一旦以上系统广泛应用,两家公司还可从中获得数百万美元的收益。


   新系统投入运行之后,AOL和雅虎仍将接受非付费用户发送的电子邮件,但付费邮件可以获得特殊待遇。如AOL的付费客户发送的邮件可以直接进入接收者的主邮箱,而无需经过垃圾邮件过滤系统,从而避免了被转入“垃圾箱”的可能,邮件中的图片和网址也不会被删除。


   AOL和雅虎称,新系统从某种程度上能恢复电子邮件的正常秩序。过去一段时间,由于垃圾邮件和网络欺骗泛滥,企业通过电子邮件联系客户不再是一种可靠的方式,尽管网络交易已经成为日常运营中的重要组成部分。


   AOL发言人尼克拉斯-格拉汉姆(Nicholas Graham)表示:“邮政服务也有一个类似的系统,如果要发送重要信息,用户可以选择‘挂号信’,也就是多支付一定的费用获得邮件回执。这类邮件的传送方式同普通邮件有所区别,可以为用户提供更高的安全性。”
语法突破两百句(一)

1. 现在进行时
现在进行时表示正在发生的动作。
Keep quiet! The baby is sleeping.
(安静!娃娃在睡觉。)
现在进行时也表示即将发生的动作。
I'm tired. I'm going home now. Goodnight!
(我累了。我要睡觉了。晚安!)
Look! The bus is coming!
(看,车来了!)
My boss is leaving for South Korea.
(我老板马上要去韩国。)

2. 一般现在时
一般现在时表示真理或规律性的动作。
Rice doesn't grow in cold climates.
(寒冷的气候不适于水稻生长。)
I always go to work by car.
(我总是开车上班。)
比较现在进行时与一般现在时:前者表示正在发生的动作,后者表示经常存在的状态。
I can't understand why he is being so selfish. He isn't usually like that.
(我不明白他此刻怎么这么自私。他平时不这样。)

3. 一般过去时
一般过去时是简单陈述过去发生的事情。
We invited them to our party but they decided not to come.
(我们请了他们参加聚会,但他们决定不来。)
I was angry because they were late.
(我生气,因为他们迟了。)

4. 过去进行时
过去进行时表示过去某个具体时刻正发生的动作。
I was walking home when I met Dave.
(我碰到大卫时,我正往家走。)
Tom burnt his hand when he was cooking.
(汤姆做饭时烫了手。)

5. 现在完成时
现在完成时表示:刚刚完成的动作;曾经有过的经验;重复发生的过去动作;过去动作或状态延续至今或者强调过去动作对现在的影响。
I have just finished my work.
(我刚刚完成我的工作。)
I have never been abroad.
(我没迈出过国门半步。)
I love this movie. I have seen it ten times.
(我太喜欢这片子了!看了十遍了,我!)
I'm hungry. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday.
(我很饿了,昨天到现在都没吃过东西。)
What a boring movie/film! It's the most boring movie/film I have ever seen.
(这电影真没劲!是我看过最糟糕的电影。)

6. 现在完成进行时
现在完成进行时表示从过去开始延续到说话时一直发生的动作。
How long have you been learning English?
(你学英语有多久了?)
比较现在完成时与现在完成进行时
Mary is still writing letters. She's been writing letters all day.
(马力还在写信,她写了一整天的信。)
Mary has written ten letters today.
(马力今天写了十封信。)

7. 过去完成时
过去完成时表示过去的过去发生的动作。
At first I thought I'd done the right thing, but I soon realized that I'd made a mistake.
(开始我以为我做对了,但是很快就发现自己犯了个错误。)
The house was dirty. They hadn't cleaned it for weeks.
(房子很脏,他们好几个星期没打扫了。)

8. 过去完成进行时
过去完成进行时表示过去某事发生之前的一段时间内一直发生的动作。
I was very tired when I arrived home. I'd been working hard all day,
(我到家时非常累。我一整天都在玩命地干!)
Ken gave up smoking two years ago. He'd been smoking for thirty years
(两年前肯戒了烟,之前他抽了三十年烟。)

9. 将来时
一般将来时表示未来将要发生的动作。
Look at those black clouds. It's going to rain.
(看那成堆的乌云,要下雨啦!)
I think the weather will be nice later.

(我想天气一会儿会好。)
过去将来时一般用于主句为过去时的宾语从句中。
He told me that he would give up his job.
(他告诉我他要辞职。)

10. 情态动词
情态动词不能单独作谓语,只能与实意动词一起构成谓语。有: shall, should, will, would, can, could, may, might, must, dare, need, ought to, be able to, used to, 等。
We can see the lake from our bedroom window.
(从卧室的窗口可以看见那湖。)
I was so tired. I could have slept for a week.
(我累死了!我能蒙头睡上一星期。)
Will you shut the door, please?
(请你把门关上,好吗?)
Whenever Arthur was angry, he would walk out of the room.
(阿瑟生气时,就会出去。)
Liz, can you do me a favor?
(李兹,帮个忙吧?)
Could I use your mobile phone?
(能借用一下您的手机吗?)
Where shall we go this evening?
(今晚咱们去哪?)
Should we invite Susan to the party?
(要请苏三参加舞会吗?)
You must keep it a secret. You mustn't tell anybody else.
(你必须保密,谁都不能讲。)
I am not sure whether I can lend you any money. I may not have enough.
(我也不清楚能否借钱给你。我自己可能都不够。)
You might have left it in the shop.
(可能你把它落在店里了。)
We've got plenty of time. We needn't hurry.
(我们有大把时间,不急。)
They dare not tell the truth.
(他们不敢说实话。)
I really ought to go and have my eyes tested.
(我确实该去检查一下我的眼睛了。)
You used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day.
(他以前每天狂抽四十根烟。)
Jack was an excellent tennis player. He was able to beat anybody.
(竭克是个网球健将。他天下无敌。)

11. 被动语态
被动语态用于说明动作的承受者。
The situation is serious. Something must be done before it's too late.
(形势危急。得及时采取措施。)
How is this word pronounced?
(这词儿怎么读?)
Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
(被狗咬过吗,你?)
I don't like being told what to do.
(我不喜欢别人来告诉我该干啥。)

12. 间接引语
间接引语是转述别人的话。一般由引述动词say, tell, ask,declare, remark, reply, think, write 等引出。
Tom said that he was feeling ill.
(汤姆说他不舒服。)
He told me that he loves me.
(他说过他爱我。)
He asked me if he could go steady with me?
(他问,能不能继续和我约会。)

13. 疑问句与助动词
疑问句中,助动词位于主语之前。助动词本无词汇意义,不能单独作谓语,在句中它与实义动词构成各种时态,语态和语气以及否定和疑问结构。
Do you live near here?
(你住的离这儿近吗?)
What can I do?
(我能怎么办?)
Can you tell me where I can find Linda?
(你能告诉我在哪可以找到林大吗?)
Do you know what time the film begins?
(你知道电影何时开始?)
Does your husband do any cooking at home?
(你老公在家做不做饭?)
Have you had any breakfast yet?
(你吃过早餐了吗?)
Susan hasn't been married, neither has Liz.
(苏三没结婚,李兹也是。)
You don't know where Karen is, do you?
(你不知道卡轮在哪,是吧?)
Keep quite, will you?
(安静点,好吗?)
Is there anything I can do for you?
(我能为你做点什么吗?)
Who died and made you king?

(你算哪根葱?)
What else is there to do?
(还有什么事好干?)
Which person do you think is qualified for the job?
(你认为哪一个人能胜任这份工作?)
Where are you from?
(你从哪儿来的?)
When will the train leave?
(火车什么时候开?)
How do you go to work everyday?
(你每天怎么上班?)
Why do you keep asking me the same question?
(你怎么又问我同样的问题?)
How long did it take you to accomplish this complicated job?
(你花了多久才作完这复杂的活儿?)
How soon will it be when your brother discovers you've been dating his girlfriend?

14.动词的-ing形式与不定式
After watching the red-dressed women walk by, I went to the rooftop and watched workers weave wastebaskets.
(看那群红衣女郎走过,我爬上屋顶看工人们编垃圾筐。)
Look, the falling leaves are all yellow. Lots of fallen leaves make the road yellow.
(看那飘零的落叶,都是黄色的,黄色的落叶铺满的路面。)
The secretary worked late into the night, preparing a long speech for the president.
(秘书工作到深夜,为总统准备发言稿。)
Given more attention, the trees could have grown better.
(如果悉心照料,树会长的更好。)
When he was decorating his house, he had gotten the bedroom painted first.
(他装修房子时,先刷了卧室。)
She doesn't approve gambling.
(她反对赌博。)
Please forgive me for not writing to you.
(原谅我没有写信给你。)
It's no good trying to persuade me. You won't succeed.
(劝我没用。你不会成功的。)
It's a waste of time reading that book. It's rubbish.
(看那本书真是浪费时间。那简直是垃圾。)
Why don't you come swimming with us?
(你干嘛不和我们一起游泳呢?)
To see is to believe.
(百闻不如一见。)
To finish so much work in a day is impossible.
(一天之内干完这么多事是不可能的。)
It is important for us to express our opinions.
(对我们来说,表达我们的意愿很重要。)
Not to grasp firmly is not to grasp at all.
(抓而不紧等于不抓。)
My wish is to be a first-class interpreter
(我的愿望是作一流的口译。)
We found it difficult to work with him.
(我们发现和他共事很难。)
He has no choice but to wait.
(除了等待,他别无选择.)
Mr. Huawei always has a lot of meetings to attend.
(华威先生总有开不完的会。)
She has no money and no place to live.
(她没钱,也没地方住。)
To be or not to be, that's the question.
(生存亦或死亡, 是问题所在。)
To serve the people well, I study hard.
(为了更好的服务于人民,我好好学习。)
He was so angry as to be unable to speak.
(他气的连话都说不出来了。)
After that day they were separated, never to see each other again.
(那日一别,他们再没重逢。)
You are never too old to learn.
(活到老,学到老。)
He made up his mind to once again ask for her hand in marriage.
(他下决心再一次向他求婚。)

15. 冠词与名词
冠词是置于名词之前,说明名词所表示的人或事物的一种虚词。冠词也可以说是名词的一种标志,它不能离开名词而单独存在。一般来讲,定冠词表示特指,不定冠词表示泛指。某些情况用零冠词。
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
(一天一苹果,医生远离我。)
Lake Baikal is the deepest of all the lakes in the world.
(贝加儿湖是世界上最深的湖泊。)
Members of the press weren't allowed into the meeting.
(新闻记者不得进入会场。)
The Macdonalds finished supper at Macdonald's, and then bowled at the bowling alley.

(麦可糖那一家在麦当劳吃过晚饭后去球馆打保龄。)
After you visit your mom in the hospital, call me so we can meet at the movies.
(在医院看过你妈妈之后,给我打电话,我们在电影院碰面。)
The Shaws naturally were a musical family.
(肖氏一家天生爱好音乐。)
He was a sleek, short man with a bright bald-head, pink face, and gold-rimmed glasses.
(他身材矮小,穿着时髦,头光秃,面粉红,戴一副金丝边眼镜。)
名词是表示人,事物和抽象概念的词。
The beautiful are envied by the ugly.
(美人总为丑陋者所嫉妒。)
The are no batteries in the radio.
(收音机里没电池。)
There was no electricity in my dorm last night.
(昨晚我宿舍没电。)
There's a hair in my soup.
(我的汤里有根头发。)
You've got very long hair.
(你的头发很长。)
He lives in a two-room apartment.
(他住在一套两房公寓里。)

16.代词与限定词。
代词是代替名词以及起名词作用的短语、分句和句子的词。一般词义很弱,必须从上下文确定,同时有两种功用:取代名词或作修饰语。
I don't want to share a room with anybody. I want my own room.
(我不想和任何同住,我想要自己住。)
The film itself wasn't good but I liked the music.
(电影本身不怎么样,但音乐还不错。)
Nobody phoned me, did they?
(没人来电话,对吧?)
He speaks little Chinese, so it's difficult to communicate with him.
(他只能讲一点汉语,所以和他交流很难。)
How I wish all the money were mine!
(我多希望这些钱都是我的。)

17.关系从句
关系从句包括:主语从句,表语从句,宾语从句,定语从句,同位语从句以及状语从句。通常由以下连词连接:Who, what, that, which, whose, whom, where, when, why, and how.
What you have just said does hurt him.
(你刚才说的话真伤他的心了。)
This is just what I wanted.
(这正是我想要的。)
He suggested that we find a better job.
(他建议我们找个好点的工作。)
The woman who lives next door is a doctor.
(隔壁住着的那个女人是医生。)
I don't like stories that / which have unhappy endings.
(我不喜欢结尾不是大团圆的故事。)
Everything that happened was my fault.
(所有的事都是我的错。)
The news that NATO bombed the China Embassy in Yugoslavia offended all Chinese people.
(北约轰炸中国南斯拉夫大使馆的消息激怒了每一个中国人,)
The news that the leader will come here is not true.
(头儿要来的消息不可靠。)
Whenever I visit him, he is not at home.
(不管我什么时候去找他,他都不在家。)
Where there is a will, there is a way.
(有志者事竟成。)
Wherever there is smoke, there is fire.
(无风不起浪。)
I have had so many falls that I am black and blue all over.
(我摔了好几跤,全身又青又紫。)
Though he is young, he knows a lot.
(尽管小,他懂得多。)

18.形容词与副词
形容词修饰名词或代词,副词修饰动词或形容词。两种词都有原级,比较级和最高级。
She was not especially pretty. But she was extremely bright.
(她不是特别漂亮,但她极聪明。)
German is a more difficult language than English is.
(德语比英语难学。)
Usually mothers cook more delicious food than fathers do.
(通常,妈妈做的饭比爸爸做的好吃。)
The coffee is very weak; I like it a bit stronger.
(咖啡太淡了,我要浓一点的。)
It's a very old castle. It is the oldest one in Britain.
(这个城堡很古老,它是英国最老的了。)
She is a workaholic. She always regards work as the most important thing in the world.
(她是个工作狂。她觉得工作是世上最重要的事。)

He did very badly on the exam----worse than expected almost the worst in the class.
(他考的不好,比期望的还糟。几乎是全班最差的。)
The mobile phone is as popular as the beeper nowadays
(现在手机和寻呼机一样普及。)
It is becoming harder and harder to find a job.
(现在找工作是越来越难了。)
The more you exercise, the fitter you will be.
(越运动,越健美。)
The harder you work, the richer you will become.
(工作越努力,你就越富裕。)

19.虚拟语气
虚拟语气表示所说的话只是一种主观的愿望、假想和建议等。
If you loved me, you wouldn't say that.
(如果你爱我,你就不会那样说。)
We would've called a taxi if Liz hadn't offered us a ride home.
(假如李兹不送我们回家,我们就打的了。)
You wouldn't have met her if it hadn't been for him.
(如果不是他,你就见不到她。)
If I were you, I wouldn't have bought that vase.
(如果我是你,我就不买那花瓶。)
Had he worked harder, he would have gotten though the exams.
(如果他努力了的话,他就会通过考试的。)
I don't think it is advisable that Tom be assigned to the job since he has no experience.
(我觉得把这工作交给汤姆做并不明智,因为他没有经验。)
But for the English examination, I would have gone to the concert last Sunday.
(上个星期天,要不是有英语考试, 我就去听音乐会了。)
It is time that we made a decision.
(是我们作出决定的时候了。)
I would rather you came to see me now.
(我宁愿你现在就来看我。)
If only he were here.
(要是他在就好了。)
I wish I had followed your advice.
(我真希望我采纳了你的建议。)

20.介词
介词又叫前置词,一般置于名词之前。 它是一种虚词,在句中不单独做任何句子成分,只表示其后的名词或相当于名词的词语与其它句子成分的关系。
Do you give each other presents at Christmas?
(你们圣诞节互送礼物吗?
I learnt to drive in four weeks
(我四个星期就学会了开车。).
After working hard during the day I like to relax in the evening.
(白天干了一天,晚上我要放松一下。)
There're usually a lot of parties on New Year's Eve.
(除夕之夜有很多晚会。)
The conference was very well organized. Everything began and finished on time.
(会议安排的很好。开始和结束都准时。)
I must hurry. I want to get home in time to see the football match on television.
(我得赶快,我想按时回家,去看球赛。)
At the end of the concert, there was a great applause.
(音乐会结束时,响起了热烈的掌声。)
Jim couldn't decide where to go for his holidays. He didn't go anywhere in the end.
(几亩决定不了去哪渡假,最终他哪儿也没去。)
You'll find details of TV programs on page seven.
(你能在第七版找到电视节目的详细预告。)
Have you seen this article in the paper?
(你在报上看到过这篇文章吗?)
London is on the river Thames.
(伦敦位于泰吾士河边。)
I was standing at the back, so I couldn't see very well.
(我站在后面,看不清。)
We got stuck in a traffic jam on our way to the airport.
(去机场途中塞车了。)
I've never met him but I've talked to him on the net.
(我没见过他,但我和他在网上聊过天。)
Sometimes I have problems at work but on the whole I enjoy my job.
(有时我的工作也有问题,但总的来说,我喜欢我的工作。)
The train was traveling at 120 miles an hour.
(火车时速一百二十英里。)
Did you pay by check or cash?
(你用支票还是现金?)
The firm closed down because there wasn't enough demand for its product.
(工厂关门了,因为产品供过于求。)
The train was late but nobody knew the reason for the delay.
(火车晚点了,但没人知道为什么。)
Do you think we will find a solution for the problem?
(你认为我们会解决这个问题吗?)
Last year was a bad year for the company. There was a big fall in sales.
(去年公司不景气。销售额骤减。)
Thank you .It was very nice of you to help me.
(谢谢你帮我,你真好。)
I am very impressed with her English. It was good.
(我对她讲的英语印象很深。很流利。)
He was late again. It's typical of him to keep everybody waiting.
(他又迟到了。他的特点就是让别人等他。)
She got very angry and started shouting at me.
(她气极了,冲我大喊。)
I don't care for very hot weather.
(我不喜欢热天。)
Sue accused me for being selfish.
(苏指责我太自私。)
Don't look out of the window concentrate on your work.
(别看窗外,专心工作。)


21.短语动词
The bus was full. We couldn't get on.
(车挤得满满的,我们上不去。)
A woman got into the car and drove off.
(一个女人钻进小车,飞驰而去。)
Sally is leaving tomorrow and coming back on Saturday.
(傻俐明天走,星期六回来。)
When I touched him on the shoulder, he turned around.
(我拍他的肩膀,他转了过来。)
Sorry I am late. The car broke down.
(抱歉我晚了,车坏了。)
Look out! There is a car coming.
(小心,车来了。)
It was my first flight. I was nervous when the plane took off.
(我第一次坐飞机,起飞时我有点紧张。)
I was very tired this morning. I couldn't get up.
(我早上很累,起不来。)
My French isn't very good but it is enough to get by.
(我的法语不是太好,但应付一下也够了。)
Why did you run away from me?
(你为什么从我身边跑开?)
You are walking too fast. I can't keep up with you.
(你走得太快,我跟不上。)
Are you looking forward to your holiday?
(你在盼着你的假期吗?)
Jack is trying to cut down on smoking.
(竭克正竭力戒烟。)
They gave me a form and told me to fill it out.
(他们给我一张表让我填。)
Please fill in the blanks when you are answering the test questions.
(你考试时请把那些空填上。)
I think I'll throw away these newspapers.
(我想我要扔了这些报纸。)
Sandy was so sick that she threw up all over the bathroom floor.
(三滴病了,吐了洗手间一地。)
I arranged to meet Jane after work last night but she didn't turn up.
(我昨晚安排下班后见简,但她没来。)
That man was so disgusting, I was instantly turned off.
(那男人真恶心,我立即拒绝了他。)
We all know how wonderful you are. There is no need to show off.
(我们都知道你不错,没必要再买弄。
The taller, more charismatic of the two friends, out shined the other at the party.
(那两个人又高又精神,在舞会上格外出众。)
If you make a mistake on the form, just cross it out.
(如果填表出了错,划掉即可。)
She was offered a job as a translator, but she turned it down.
(有人请她去作翻译,她拒绝了。)
Would you like to see the factory, I'd like to show you around.
(你想参观一下工厂吗?我可以领你四处看看。)
Did you show up to the meeting yesterday?

DOC版本: up/20060130_160352.rar

They Finally Caught Mr. Sex.com!

28th October 2005

Stephen Michael Cohen was finally arrested by Mexican authorities in Tijuana and handed over to U.S. agents on Thursday.

With an ending that would put a thriller to shame, four years after a $65 million court judgment went against him, after fleeing the country and staging a dramatic escape, former online-porn master Stephen Michael Cohen was finally arrested by Mexican authorities in Tijuana and handed over to U.S. agents on Thursday.

Cohen, a multiple felony convict, had been on the run since 2001, when a judge ordered him to pay a San Francisco entrepreneur, Gary Kremen for hijacking Sex.com. In 1994 Kremen registered Sex.com with no real plans of doing anything with it. Cohen who was then fresh from prison saw the potential of the domain and decided to try his con luck. So in 1995, Cohen presented a false letter to domain name registrar Network Solutions, fraudulently from Kremen's company that said Kremen had been sacked and that Cohen should get control of Sex.com. That was the last Kremen owned the domain until he finally got it back in 2000.

When Kremen, who was busy setting up Match.com, discovered what had happened, he approached Network Solutions who said it couldn't help him and suggested that he sue Cohen directly. When the case went to court the battle was overwhelming for the whole industry. On one side stood a man who wanted his domain back while on the other side of the fence stood the 'owner' of Sex.com raking in millions and millions of dollars, selling porn ads on the website. Big money brings a lot more than just luxuries and the battle, Cohen fought with his lawyers, was far from failure. However, during the litigation, Cohen had moved his money outside the country, lived in a mansion in Tijuana and was never really there for any court proceedings!

Kremen finally got the domain back in late 2000 and the next year was awarded $65 million - an amount that has since grown to $82 million, with interest. Kremen has collected some property from Cohen but has yet to break even on his legal fees.  He still has a long way to go before he sees some light of profits on the domain that he lost almost half a decade ago. Yet one larking doubt on everyone's mind is the capacity upto which Kremen will be able to get his money from Cohen.

"I'm excited, and I'm happy to prepare for the next stage of justice," Kremen said on Thursday. Kremen said he hoped to claim more of Cohen's assets: "Hopefully, I'll get to them before the IRS."

Reporters Without Borders and the OSCE (Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe) have just released a set of six recommendations which governments and corporations should follow in order to ensure a free internet.

Full text of the Declaration :

1. Any law about the flow of information online must be anchored in the right to freedom of expression as defined in Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

2. In a democratic and open society it is up to the citizens to decide what they wish to access and view on the Internet. Filtering or rating of online content by governments is unacceptable. Filters should only be installed by Internet users themselves. Any policy of filtering, be it at a national or local level, conflicts with the principle of free flow of information.

3. Any requirement to register websites with governmental authorities is not acceptable. Unlike licensing scarce resources such as broadcasting frequencies, an abundant infrastructure like the Internet does not justify official assignment of licenses. On the contrary, mandatory registration of online publications might stifle the free exchange of ideas, opinions, and information on the Internet.

4. A technical service provider must not be held responsible for the mere conduit or hosting of content unless the hosting provider refuses to obey a court ruling. A decision on whether a website is legal or illegal can only be taken by a judge, not by a service provider. Such proceedings should guarantee transparency, accountability and the right to appeal.

5. All Internet content should be subject to the legislation of the country of its origin (”upload rule”) and not to the legislation of the country where it is downloaded.

6. The Internet combines various types of media, and new publishing tools such as blogging are developing. Internet writers and online journalists should be legally protected under the basic principle of the right to freedom of expression and the complementary rights of privacy and protection of sources.

We encourage bloggers around the world to translate this Declaration into different languages. If you do so please let us know by posting the link to your translation in the “comments” section below.

RSF says it hopes this declaration “will provoke discussion in the run-up to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).

UPDATE: Portnoy at Working Man has already done a Chinese translation.

自由網路宣言

Reporters Without Borders and the OSCE (Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe) have just released a set of six recommendations which governments and corporations should follow in order to ensure a free internet.

無疆界記者組織與歐洲安全合作組織(OSCE)剛發布了一篇聲明,包含六項建議,他們希望政府和企業都能遵照這些建議,以確保網路上的自由。

Full text of the Declaration :

宣言全文:

1. Any law about the flow of information online must be anchored in the right to freedom of expression as defined in Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

任何有關線上資訊流通的法律都必須謹守世界人權宣言第19條中定義的言論表達自由。

2. In a democratic and open society it is up to the citizens to decide what they wish to access and view on the Internet. Filtering or rating of online content by governments is unacceptable. Filters should only be installed by Internet users themselves. Any policy of filtering, be it at a national or local level, conflicts with the principle of free flow of information.

在民主開放的社會裡,公民有權利決定他們想在網路上近用與看見的資訊。政府不得過濾或是評等線上內容。只有網路使用者他們自己才能去設定過濾的條件。任何過濾的政策手段,不管是國家還是地方層級,都抵觸了資訊自由流通的原則。

3. Any requirement to register websites with governmental authorities is not acceptable. Unlike licensing scarce resources such as broadcasting frequencies, an abundant infrastructure like the Internet does not justify official assignment of licenses. On the contrary, mandatory registration of online publications might stifle the free exchange of ideas, opinions, and information on the Internet.

不得對任何網站提出必須向政府當局註冊的要求。不同於對稀有資源—如廣播頻譜—的特許,像網路這般空間充沛的公共基礎建設,沒有理由需要政府批准許可。反而,如強制要求線上出版必須註冊,將會使得網路上的思想、意見、及資訊的自由交換活動被扼殺。

4. A technical service provider must not be held responsible for the mere conduit or hosting of content unless the hosting provider refuses to obey a court ruling. A decision on whether a website is legal or illegal can only be taken by a judge, not by a service provider. Such proceedings should guarantee transparency, accountability and the right to appeal.

提供內容傳播管道與寄存的技術服務提供者不需負擔任何罪責,除非服務提供者拒絕遵守法庭的裁定。網站是否違法,只能由法官判斷,而非服務提供者。必須確保這類訴訟過程的透明、負責,並且允許上訴。

5. All Internet content should be subject to the legislation of the country of its origin (」upload rule」) and not to the legislation of the country where it is downloaded.

所有的網路內容都應該遵照其原始出處國家的法律(上傳規則),而非下載內容地的國家法律。

6. The Internet combines various types of media, and new publishing tools such as blogging are developing. Internet writers and online journalists should be legally protected under the basic principle of the right to freedom of expression and the complementary rights of privacy and protection of sources.

網路結合了多樣化的媒體,新的出版工具,如部落格(網誌)也正持續發展。網路寫手及線上記者都應享有基本的言論自由權利保障,與配套的隱私權保障及來源保護權利。

We encourage bloggers around the world to translate this Declaration into different languages. If you do so please let us know by posting the link to your translation in the 「comments」 section below.

我們鼓勵世界各地的部落客(網誌作家),將這份宣言翻譯成不同的語言。如果你翻譯了,請讓我們知道,將翻譯文章的鏈結發佈到下方的迴響區。

RSF says it hopes this declaration 「will provoke discussion in the run-up to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).

無疆界記者組織希望這份宣言「能夠在資訊社會世界高峰會前激起討論」。


原始出處: Declaration for a Free Internet from Global Voices Online

关于国际版PAYPAL的使用, 可能有人用的到。

这个是两年前申请PAYPAL的时候几个搞网站的人一起总结的, 因为都在英国所以货币单位用的是英镑。 美圆 欧圆也一样支持的。

Paypal(www.paypal.com) 是一种安全简便的网络结算方式,paypal对收款人提供保护,也提供各国货币换算的工能,从交易手续费来说,paypal也大大低于其他,开户,付款,50镑以上的提款都是不需要手续费的。因为时间的关系,我也是从平日使用的心得来说,难免会有不足和遗漏。
Paypal是ebay的子公司,我们发现ebay这个全球最大的网络交易中心是以e-mail地址为基准的,所以在这点上来说,paypal 也不例外,所以paypal帐号也是一个e-mail 地址,通常你只要告诉别人你的paypal e-mail ,他/她就可以用来付款了。

工作原理:
paypal的转账原理简单理解为,从个人信用卡或者账户里面把钱划出来,转到paypal这个平台,然后再转到收款人的paypal账户,收款人可以选择把钱保留在paypal账户中,也可以选择转到自己的银行账户完成这个循环。

注册:
从注册开始,paypal 分两类账户 Personal account和Premier/Business account。

Personal account
personal account(个人账户)

优点:手续费低
开户,付款,从现实账户(例如Hsbc /Nat west等)转账到PAYPAL, 收款都是不需要手续费的。

缺点:
是不能接受对方直接从credit卡或者debit卡里面转出来的钱。

打个比方吧:对方要转给你10镑钱,如果你的账户是personal account的话,必须是对方paypal账户里面有超过10镑的余额,你才能接受。如果对方paypal账户没有余额的话,即使对方信用卡里面有几千镑,这个转账流程都会受阻。

Premier/Business account

这两个账户的功能非常相似,只是前者是提供给个人,后者提供给企业。

优点:能接受一切的付款方式,可以接受信用卡付款。
缺点:一切的收款需要手续费。

举例来说:按照交易流量,比如我现在的账户费率是3.4%+0.20p,收到一笔10镑的钱,到我的paypal账户就只有9.46镑了。

注册中的注意事项:
必须填写真实有效的姓名,地址,debit 或者credit卡号,银行账号。

认证过程:
paypal的安全也在于它提供一道认证的手续。认证的过程也许会花费一段时间,不过对于个人小用户来说,认证与否不太重要。
Paypal的认证过程是这样的,paypal从你的卡里面划走很小金额的钱,比如1.38然后再你的银行帐单上就会显示,划走1。38旁边还会显示另一个三位数的密码,拿到这两个三位数的号码之后就能上paypal的网站完成认证。完成认证后paypal非但会把那1。38还给你,还有额外的1。65小金额奖励。
认证的好处是没有取款,转帐,付款的金额限制。
对于小型用户来说,一般付款,转帐的限制在500镑以内,如果不是很频繁的使用paypal我个人认为可以选择不认证。

付款:
只要完成注册之后,付款就非常简单了。
一般的网站都会提供paypal的付款logo,你要做的就是点logo,登陆paypal网页,填写相应的金额,就完成了付款过程。
即使对方没有提供付款logo,你要做得也只是登陆www.paypal.com,点send money 输入对方的paypal e-mail 地址,填写金额,这个付款过程也能完成。完成之后paypal会给双方的e-mail发信,告知付款成功。
President Bush Halts .XXX Launch
17th August 2005
Final decision on the creation of the new TLD hits delays after concern from government officials; ICANN pushes vote by a month.



Internet-oversight group ICANN's Board of Directors, yesterday postponed the vote on the controversial .xxx TLD, which was intended to be reserved for online pornography, by one month. The vote was originally scheduled to take place on August 16.

The fate of the new TLD, which received the green light from ICANN back in June, will now be decided by a vote in ICANN's next meeting on September 15. This delay comes five years after the concept of the new TLD was first proposed. The decision stemmed from opposition to the TLD from the Bush administration and other national governments. Several governments are said to have approached ICANN's Government Advisory Committee (GAC) expressing concerns on the implications of creating the new TLD.

Mr Michael Gallagher, Assistant Secretary at the US Commerce Department, is said to have called on ICANN to ensure that the best interests of the Internet community as a whole are fully considered. He also stated that the department received nearly 6,000 letters and e-mails expressing concerns about the impact of pornography on families and children and objecting to setting aside a domain suffix for it.

In a letter to ICANN's Board of Directors, Mohamed Sharil Tarmizi, Chairman of GAC, said, "I believe the Board should allow time for additional governmental and public policy concerns to be expressed before reaching a final decision on this TLD".

这是个有争议的事情, 我想中国政府也不会愿意?!

why they send spam many times . How i them do it ?! How we do stop these spam  

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuxyon
i have been installed the linux system

Two possibilities:
I have installed the Linux system (1)
I have been installing the Linux system (2)

(1) refers to the fact. Yes, you have installed Linux, and not Windows.
(2) refers to what you did during a certain time, and that certain period of time is now over. You have been installing Linux, while your mom was doing the laundry. Now the installation ànd the laundry are finished.
If the installation would not be finished, then you could say "I am installing Linux", in response to the question "What are you doing (now)?"

Jim   

How study english better.?

http://forums.llamasery.com/showthread.php?t=3927&...

How quicklyer and better society English.?

I feel that my a lot of s of English error . at least it seems moreover do not have an intimate knowledge of the grammar from start to finish . 

Who can help and tell me how to go diligently does.?

分页: 4/5 第一页 上页 1 2 3 4 5 下页 最后页 [ 显示模式: 摘要 | 列表 ]